Friday, January 8, 2016

Bigger is Not Always Better

As we enter into this new year of 2016, God spoke into my heart that bigger is not always His intent to make my life better.  He gave me a visible illustration so I could see what He really meant.  I like to write.  At times I will sit down to work on material that I have previously worked on and God will give me a lot more to say so that when I put the work away at the end of that sitting, it is more than when I sat down that day.  That is great, but it is not always like that.  Sometimes I will sit down and God does not give me more to say but He does give me better ways to say some things that I have already said.  So I will go through my previous writing and restate some things in smaller concise ways.  On these days when I get up from my writing, the finished product is usually smaller than when I started.  My finished work is not bigger but it has still changed for the better.

God always wants us to be changed for the better.  It is important that we adjust our perspective and look more for better and not so much bigger.  So many times we are looking and expecting God to do big things in our life and many times are disappointed when we don't get them.  Often if we would just change our perspective we would see that God did do something better.  We just missed it looking for something bigger.

In 2016, lets look for better and not bigger and see how much more God can influence our life from the inside out.

Believe and be blessed in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment