Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Crack In My Armor

I am looking at myself in the mirror
Looking for some scars
That might cause me to be alarmed
Can I truly see myself any clearer?
Thinking I have all my basis covered
Looking myself up and down
Feeling good about what I’ve discovered
I am a man after God’s own heart
I see a few scars
And a few flaws
But nothing I can’t handle with a little help from God

But wait

What’s that I see staring back at me?
All of a sudden I don’t recognize what I see
Could that really be me?
My body armor is not as pristine and clean as I once thought it to be
God where did that crack come from?
Is it really me?
I didn’t see that coming
I didn’t see that in me
Why would you let this be?
God’s reply to me
You lost sight of who I wanted you to be
I had to show you the crack in your armor
So you could really be useful to Me
God I don’t like what I see
Help me to be who I am supposed to be
Thank You for loving me unconditionally
For opening my eyes
And truly caring for me
Thank You for showing me
The Crack in My Armor

                                                  by Bert Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment