Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Sovereign Intervention


Although this daily bread was for July 8, 2019, it fits perfectly for me today.  One of the amazing things about God’s word is that it is specific to each one of us.  God’s word is so specific and alive to the degree that we can be in the same room and hear the same sermon or read the same words from the Bible and each be given a  God inspired message that addresses our very own individual circumstances.  This kind of message that is specific to us is called a rhema word; a word that is specific only to you.

Lately for me, it just seems like one frustrating thing after another seems to occur.  I see progress in one area of my life and then out of nowhere another struggle appears.  I get to the point of being so frustrated that I actually forget to talk to God about my needs and circumstances.  I fall into the mode of self-pity.  I then turn to a person who cannot pull me out of my situation – myself.

What I was reminded of today in this particular devotion is that God wants to hear from us.  Even though He knows everything about us, he wants us to initiate the conversation with Him about our individual needs.  The Daily Bread references Exodus 2:25, and notes that when the children of Israel were in bondage, the word says that they cried out to God and God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them.

The truth of the matter is that God is always concerned about us.  He just needs us to know AND accept His Sovereignty.  As long as we continue to turn to ourselves to fix our own problems, we are being defiant in recognizing that God is sovereign over everything in the heavens and the earth.  Disregard for His sovereignty is the best way to put God in a holding pattern.  In this posture, He is not ignoring us.  He is just waiting on us.

A plane cannot land until it gets the okay from the airport control tower.  Once the okay is given, the plane immediately starts to descend upon its intended location.  God is waiting for the okay from us so that He can descend upon His intended location of our lives and show us how much He is concerned about us.

Be Blessed everyone.

But God
Bruises once covered your most inner parts
Scars once hardened your hopeless heart
But God,
He who can reach
Into the deepest parts of your soul
He who can soften
The hardest of hardened hearts
He sees you
He feels you
But most importantly
He heals you
He is God
                                                                                   Bert Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment