Thursday, May 7, 2020

Go to Your Room!


Poem inspired by

Isaiah 26:20 - Come, my people, enter into your rooms And close your doors behind you;
Hide for a little while Until indignation runs its course.



And



Matthew 17:20 - And He said to them, “Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.



Go to Your Room!

A bully stood outside my door

Yelling at me to come out so he could settle a score

He said he had something big for me

And that I needed to come out now to see what it was



Why he chose to pick on me

 I didn’t know

And why he chose to think I was so weak

I really didn’t care to know



Cause in my pride I thought to myself

That whatever THAT SOMETHING was

I wasn’t going to be the recipient of it

Cause I had something of my own to give

And I wanted to make sure he got notice of it



So I gathered myself together and I headed for the door

Didn’t know someone else was listening

Someone I couldn’t ignore

As my hand reached for the door knob to go outside

A booming voice yelled at me from behind



STOP!!

Don’t you go another step further

I didn’t have to turn around to see who it was

Because           I knew it was my Father



He said Go to your Room!

It’s for your own protection

Close the door behind you

And stay there until I come and get you



 I couldn’t understand why my Father would want me to look so weak

But I was more afraid of Him

Than what the bully could ever do to me

So I went to my room and closed the door behind me

Obedient in my actions

But disobedient in my mind

Angered by Father’s command to me



I looked out of my window

And watched the bully continue to taunt me

I paced back and forth trying to think

Cause I didn’t want others

To believe that I let him punk me



All of a sudden

I heard the same voice that spoke to me

Tell the bully

If you have something to give

Give it to Me

You see I am the strong tower

And in it my son is safe

And to be honest

You just don’t have that kind of power



I saw the bully immediately retreat

Looking more scared than I ever thought he could be

As he ran away I heard him say

I’m sorry for the pain I tried to cause today

I realize now that I chose the wrong one

Because I didn’t know that he was Your son



My Father then came to the room to get me

He told me He loved me

And that it was His job to protect me

And even though the enemy was as bold as he was

He knew he was no match

For the Father      of the son



My Father told me that I just needed to trust Him a little bit

And even though there was disobedience in my mind

He still applauded what my feet did

They moved in the direction

Of where His voice told me to go

And all because of THAT

The enemy is now gone



Sometimes it’s good

To go in your room and close the door

And be protected by the Father

While indignation runs its course



You see COVID 1 – 9

Tried to take my peace of mind

He stood at the door of my house

Taunting me to come outside

And in my pride

I could have died

Listening to my own fleshly voice inside



But just in time a Voice bigger than mine

Overrode the pride that I felt inside

It allowed the little faith

That I had stored away

Take front and center of my mind that day



It was a moment of clarity

Proof      that the mustard seed

Was more           than enough for me



Bert Reece

Text Box: Poem Characters:
Bully – COVID 19
Father – God
One sent to his/her room – Believers
May 7, 2020

Pray God’s Glory Across the Earth

Habakkuk 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment