Friday, January 11, 2019

I AM Thinking About Her

When men focus on mentoring younger men, one of the biggest complaints that I hear from women is "why are you just focusing on boys or young men?"  Girls and young ladies matter too.  My response to that question is, "Yes, you are 100% correct, girls and young ladies matter too."  However, that would not be the end of my answer.  As the father of three beautiful young ladies, I would finish my answer by saying, "Girls and young ladies are exactly why we should focus on boys and young men."

So many of our young men and boys are in turmoil.   They have no direction.  When you think about the large percentage of fatherless households, you have to at least think about the question, even if you don't ask it aloud - "Who is modeling biblical manhood to our boys and young men?"  For the sake of our young ladies, we must place emphasized attention on our young men.  Who will our daughters wed?  I will not willingly give my daughter away to someone who is lost, only for him to help her lose who God intended for her to be.

I want to lend a hand in showing young men how I want my daughters to be treated.  I want to talk about chivalry.  I want to talk about the ugly word of submission and how it is not just for her in marriage.  I want to model before young men, the image of biblical manhood for my daughters sake.  I want to show young men what real love is and how it is not connected to the lower extremities of their bodies, but rather to a loving, gracious God who the Bible says, is Love.  (1 John 4:8)

We say we want lower divorce rates and less domestic abuse of women.  I believe a strong remedy for both is to mentor and grow young men in the faith of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  How can we expect them to love our daughters if they don't know the Architect of Love.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment